Mob x Flava It! – Sausage and Chorizo Ragu
We’ve teamed up with the UK’s leading food media publisher, Mob to create a meal-time masterpiece with our affordable, accessible and delicious seasoning sachets. You can find our range exclusively across all of Aldi UK’s 1,000 stores! Hurry, while stocks last…
This particular sachet is a warm and indulgent mix that’ll bring balance and freshness to any dish!
Mob x Flava It! Honey & Chorizo Flavour Chilli Seasoning Mix - only at Aldi
1 stick of celery
Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- Finely dice the onion, carrot, celery.
- Heat up a large sauce pan and pour in a large glug of olive oil. De-case the sausage and crumble these into the pan. Fry for 10 mins until very crispy and golden.
- Add in the onion, carrot and celery and continue cooking for another 10 mins until the vegetables have softened.
- Add in the tomato purée and the contents of the seasoning mix sachet, then cook for 5 mins until the tomato purée has darkened.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine, scraping all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the tins of chopped tomatoes, rinse the cans in water and add this to the pot.
- Allow to simmer on a low heat for 1 hour. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the parsley.
- Get a pan with boiling salted water. Try to use as little water as possible to cook your pasta, this will result in starchier water which will make for a glossier sauce.
- Pop your rigatoni into the water and cook until al dente, 2 mins less than the cooking instructions on the package.
- Pour some of the pasta water into the ragù and bring to a bubble. Add in the pasta and allow to cook for the remaining two mins until the pasta is cooked. Add more pasta water if needed.
- Stir through the parsley and plate up your pasta.
- Great over some parmesan and enjoy!