flava-it™ Marinade Recipes
Minty Lamb Kebabs with Pan Fried Vegetables and Cous Cous
- 1 Packet of flava-it Garden Mint Marinade
- 1 Courgette - cut in half and sliced
- 125ml (5fl oz) Boiling Water, pinch of Salt
- 8 wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for 1 hour prior to use
- 2 medium green and 2 medium red Peppers - deseeded and cut into chunks
- 125g (5oz) Cous Cous
- 12 Mushrooms - 8 cut into half and 4 cut into quarters
- 675g (1lb 8oz) Lean Cubed Lamb from the leg or use leg steaks - allow 4 pieces per kebab and 2 kebabs per person
- 25g (1oz) Butter
- 1 x 15mlsp (1tbsp) Oil
1. Place the flava-it™ Garden Mint Marinade into a large plastic bag, add the cubed lamb and toss to coat the cubes, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Thread the skewers with the cubes of lamb, mushroom halves and chunks of green and red pepper alternating between vegetable and meat.
3. Either cook on a BBQ or place under a hot grill for 10 - 15 minutes, turning to allow all sides to cook evenly.
4. Heat the oil in a griddle or fry pan, when hot add the courgette, remaining mushrooms and pepper, fry for 5 minutes shaking the pan occasionally.
5. Place the cous cous in a bowl, add the boiling water, pinch of salt and butter and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
6. Add the cous cous to the vegetables in the frying pan, combine together.
7. Serve the kebabs on the bed of pan fried vegetables and cous cous.